Kung Fu Fighters -- Amateur Kickboxing and MMA Event needs fighters

“SifuAbel points his fuggin’ finger and says, Dats da bad guy”

Way to white wash it. I’m not going to continue with this.

“All I have in this world is my word and my nuts, and won’t break em for nobody…”

  • Memphis Bleek

I intend to send a kung fu fighter into the cage eventually.

We’re still preparing him. It’ll take us about a year to adjust his combat method to the ring rules. He’ll start as an amateur fighter and make his way upwards if he’s good enough.

The hardest thing to do in preparing a kung fu fighter for the octagon is deconditioning the trained instinct to do all the illegal things that NHB rules prohibit.

The hardest thing to do in preparing a kung fu fighter for the octagon is deconditioning the trained instinct to do all the illegal things that NHB rules prohibit.

No chi blasts! :rolleyes:

not after that last kung fu guy did so well…

Originally posted by Merryprankster
As for not being a drama queen, you’ve never seen me in a skirt…

http://www.allstarz.org/~malkovich/pics/reddress.jpg

funny how no kung fu people appeared and destroyed the field back when the ONLY RULES were no eye gouging and no biting… that certainly leaves a lot of room for all those deadly kung-fooey techniques.. yet, not ONE ever won an event…

In all fairness , which event are you talking about?

And, where were you?

He is talking about the 3 or so years in the mid 90s that the UFC and other events had only a few rules. There are still events in Brazil with only these few rules. Like he said no Kung Fu practitioner has won a tournament or title then or now.

I have never competed in the UFC for a few simple and logical reasons. First and foremost, I was never a professional fighter. Until 1998, I was a full time school teacher. Second, in shape I am around 177 and the early UFC’s were open weight class. Finally, my family had asked me to stop fighting.

NOTE: none of the above reasons are “well if I couldn’t use my secret weasal dim mak, I said I wouldn’t do it”

And actually, Rorion Gracie called me about fighting in UFC 5…

When is Cung Le going to finish up his grappling training so he can jump in the UFC?!??!?! I think he will really bring attention to San Shou, and also Kung Fu in general, when he starts competing in MMA (i’m hoping it is inevitable).

Martial arts like TKD and Karate have definitely gained respect over the years through fighters like Guy Mezger and Shonie Carter respectively… at least in my eyes but I’m sure others.

Mojitos for everybody!

WTF is a Mojitos? Does it have anything to do with oral pleasure?

It’s a Cuban drink, like a mint julep with lime added and made with rum instead of bourbon. Enjoying them orally is the traditional and preferred method.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about mojados for everybody.

That sounds very good! Next time I have a party I’ll keep that drink in mind.

(goes to the fridge to make some chocolate milk)

Sadly, you can get mojados cheaper than mojitos here in Austin.

(goes to the fridge to make some more chocolate milk)

How to mojito.

sorry, i didn’t read through all the previous bs, but…

i really don’t see the harm in trainin for full-contact events. i mean, i think its prolly the next best way to develop ur martial skills next to goin out and pickin fights. i think if someone were to train their gong li, some traditional trainin methods, and some modern trainin methods, they should be in good enough shape to compete on local levels. me personally, i don’t look foward to jumpin straight into MMA cuz i know i’m not ready for the ground game. but i’m more trainin for the kickboxing and muay thai competitions jus for some ring experience. maybe i’ll find its not for me, or maybe i’ll do very well. but the only thing i’ll regret is if i never try. most people are not afforded this opportunity(work, family, age, etc..) since i’m still young and in my prime, i’m in that group of few people who would be willin to represent TCMA in todays sports arenas. i’ve been tryin to talk to guys like CLF and hung fut schools (since i think they’d likely be more in their element) to see who’d be willin to do this as well.

if nothin else, this would be a great excuse to sharpen our skills for street if we need them. of course, ultimately sport will still be sport and most of us will never be as good as the pro athletes that compete. some will disagree w/ me about my ambitions and others may encourage me, but as the old sayin goes,“man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt man doin it.”