calling all parks pa-kua chang schools

BLACKTAOIST

           "Man makes the truth,the truth does not make a man"

                                                                            Confucio         

I know you do not care about Park’s lineage, but neither do I or him for that matter.

Read the post again,pay attention to your reading skills.

Where does it say that Lu Shui Tien DID NOT KNOW HIS SECOND TEACHER OR WHEN THE FIRST DIED.

It just states that he did not like to talk about his background or about other Martial Artist,read reason also.

You can call Lu shu Te,Lu’s Son in Korea and find out.

What will you do if your teacher doesn’t want to answer certain personal questions and yet he is willing to share his Pa Kua Skills with you?.
How do you know how much he knows,and how much is he willing to share with you?

Master Park told me that when Lu was alive because his teachings way he tought his teacher didn’t like him much,after LU died , Park met other PK teachers and understood how deep Lu tought him.

Even from the “well known” lineages,it is impposible to know how much info Yin FU or Dong Hai Chuan or Cao passed on to his students or how much they mixed it with other arts.

So even if the principles and the expresion still looks unfamiliar to you,why denied it?,why not accept it as something different.
As long as people know why they do it and what is that for, it is ok.

Master Park told me,all Martial Arts are the same family and all Pa Kua people are brothers.

Now here, you can desagree with the training and teaching methods of this or that particular teacher,nothing wrong with that,but to question the background of a teacher with real skills without any logical basis or proof is not honorable sir.

unless…and hope not,

It is in your personal agenda and for unknown reasons to try to discredit Park and his school on this forum spreading false information.

and if this bias and descriminatory attitude toward your unknown brothers makes you happy,I trust the rest of the family in this forum view this matter with a more open mind.

breath in,breath out,relax,relax,relax.

kYLE,

“A MENTAL SLAVE IS A GREATER VIMTIM OF BONDAGE THAN A PHYSICAL SLAVE” IF A MAN’S MIND IS SHACKLED THEN HOW CAN HE MAKE THE TRUTH".

It is in your personal agenda and for unknown reasons to try to discredit Park and his school on this forum spreading false information.

Park is doing a Great Job By himself, He don’t need my help for that.

Now here, you can desagree with the training and teaching methods of this or that particular teacher,nothing wrong with that,but to question the background of a teacher with real skills without any logical basis or proof is not honorable sir.

First the all, park whole background is not conforming to fact or truth, so don’t try to talk that logical Bull$hit crap to me. Like I said the frist time, I can care less what the hell Park is teaching, He’s no Ba Gua Zhang Grand master in my eyes. I have met very high level real Ba Gua Zhang masters then Park Bok Nam.

What will you do if your teacher doesn’t want to answer certain personal questions and yet he is willing to share his Pa Kua Skills with you?.

For one , I never had that problem, every Ba gua Zhang teacher I ever train with had no problem telling me who they learned from. The bottom line is Park is said to have train with his teacher for years and for him not to know who his teacher learn from in my Book is Bull$hit. If Park teacher was willing to share all his Ba Gua Zhang skills with him, then why not share everything with him. “INFORMATION”

The bottom line is Park statements in his book are not conforming to fact or truth. and any one with comprehension skills can see that.

Mental slavery?

Are you saying that if I were one of your loyal student you will consider me a mental slave?.

Welcome to the club Razac.

No hard feelings guys,relax and enjoy it.

see you at the tournament.

Looking_ up

Sorry I haven’t responded sooner.
I’m about to put this whole thing to bed. I‘ve had enough.

First, The fact that Park is on the tomb can’t be disputed. But, why he’s on the tomb is another story all together.
To begin, Li Ching Wu Born in 1864 died? Lets look at that. According to his book, Park says that Lu Shui tien Learned from him for many years when he died. How is that he does not at least know the year that he past. Makes no since. Who did Li learn from? He’s acknowledged nowhere.
In fact, Let’s hypothesize this: Li was born in 1864. Dong Hai chuan Began to teach in Beijing about 1864 and taught only Shaolin outwardly until 1876 when he accepted Cheng Ting Hua. Dong died in 1882. Let’s give Li 20yrs,that would make it 1884.

He would have had to be one of the first students to have studied with one of the Big 4, In order of seniority: Yin Fu, Ma Wei Qi, Shi Ji Dong and, Cheng Ting Hua. His name would most definitely been mentioned If he had reached a high level.
But continuing in the first vein, how don’t you know when your teacher died.
Next, It is also mentioned in the book that after Li died, Lu sought out a teacher from the 4th generation of Dong’s lineage. First there’s only Dong Hai Chuan. No other Ba-Gua Exist out side of Him. Back to the point, He mentioned that he didn’t know who his second teacher was. How is that possible? And if that is true, how could he be on the tomb? How do you know your lineage? The Yin Family acknowledges Lu Shui Tien so they must know whom he was taught by. And it was not by He Jin Kui. My research shows that Lu’s instructor was Lu Shu Kui, He Jin Kui’s top student. The question is how long did Lu Shui Tien learn from Lu shu Kui?
Parks System is not practiced in Beijing. All Yin Practitioners when asked about it. After looking at the video, they say it is not Yin Fu. It looks like a Hybrid method of Cheng style. Which as a practitioner of Cheng style for 17yrs and a Yin Practitioner for the last 8 I can attest to that. If Park knows Yin style ya’ll are not learning it. My brother and me thought it was Cheng style until someone said it was Yin. Only the Lion posture from parks Mother Palms looks like Yin the rest is Cheng.
Now look. I personally have nothing against Park but you guys put it out there. I look to find the best. The statements made here on line are false; the origin tale has to many holes. The practitioners we’ve met are quit weak in strength and technique. If your gonna come than come right. Hell if park is that tuff than I want to learn from him. But his representation does not speck well of his teaching at all and that’s on you guys. Besides how can you get good when you don’t see him that much? Another problem.

Back to the tomb,
Dong Hai Chuan’s Tomb Was moved from Beijing to Wen An, his home town, in 1981-82 it was at that time that park and his teacher were put on it. How is it that the book, written in the 90’s, a minimum of 10 yrs has past and you don’t know the name of Lu’s teacher? Come on. No one is that stupid. Lu shui Tien was a student of Lu shu kui and perhaps a family member that does not merit him being put on the tomb. The names that are there are significant in that they are either successors or contributors. Which is Lu Shui tien? Do your research.

Kyle:

(Several of the practitioners mentioned that they thought Lu Shui-Tien’s second teacher had studied with Yin Fu’s son-in- law,He Chin-Kuei.
While this has not being confirmed,it will make sense that one or both of Lu’s teachers were of the Yin Fu lineage because much of the Pa Kua Chang that he taught is very characteristic of the Yin Fu Style).

Where are these characteristics? Pray tell
Have you seen other Yin fu stylist?

("Today the name Lu Shui-Tien is well known among the practitioners of the Yin Fu lineage.)

Who are you talking about? Off hand I can only think of three true yin stylists In America with pure lineage. They don’t acknowledge Park’s system. The 4 I know in Beijing won’t even hold a conversation about it other than “ that’s not Yin Style”.

Ghundi:

Why are you bothering me again? At every point I’ve delt with you. Concerning these topics. Don’t you get it yet? This is not a hobby for me. This is what I do. Research, Fight, train Period.

My knowledge of the history of Ba-Gua is extensive but I’m not infallible. What I wrote came from memory, being that I don’t have access to my whole library at this time. And what does it matter anyway? Am I wrong? If so how? Show me where.

Ma:
(Chang chuan and Ba Ji are not Ba-Gua forms, they are Shaolin.)

Kyle:
(Where does it say that Lu Shui Tien DID NOT KNOW HIS SECOND TEACHER OR WHEN THE FIRST DIED.)

On page 10

(Even from the “well known” lineages,it is impposible to know how much info Yin FU or Dong Hai Chuan or Cao passed on to his students or how much they mixed it with other arts)

Dong passed on his system, that’s what he wanted. Yin learned and taught what he learned from Dong Hai Chuan, which was Lohan and the Style he created from it. Cao Zhong Sheng only learned Ba-Gua and that is all he taught.

(So even if the principles and the expresion still looks unfamiliar to you,why denied it?,why not accept it as something different.)

All Ba-Gua shares the same principles. All Yin stylists have the same characteristics the same exist with the cheng style. Park is out side of the Yin school with no sameness. Explain that. A Car cannot be a Truck and a Rhino can’t be a Rabbit, Explain your point.

(but to question the background of a teacher with real skills without any logical basis or proof is not honorable sir.)

That’s not true; First and foremost his student put him out here to be questioned. Second, You judge the quality of the teacher by the students. Well our people have crossed hands and the teaching method to us leaves much to be desired. And that’s the truth. And there’s other things as well such as, you’re a Ba-Gua practitioner, how is it that your doing Ba-Ji at a tournament? Yes I question that teacher. That’s Bull$hit. I pay to learn Ba-Gua that’s what I expect to be doing at a tournament. If I’m not good enough yet than I’ll have to wait and keep practicing. Come on man. What are you saying? That’s like a Hung-Ga practitioner entering a tournament and doing Mantis, which he learned from the Hung-Ga school. Ridiculous.

(It is in your personal agenda and for unknown reasons to try to discredit Park and his school on this forum spreading false information.)

No. It’s the other way around. We just want truth and what we get is just a bunch of crap. Somebody do the research. We have no vendetta against park but the way his Reps put him out here against people who know better what do you expect? We’re not politicians we’re martial Artist with the goal to promote Ba-Gua as it was handed down, not as someone wants to see it.

Are you saying that if I were one of your loyal student you will consider me a mental slave?.

1# I don’t consider any of my students a mental stave? 2# they know that the information that I teach them is real Because most of my students met my Ba Gua Zhang teachers in the U.S.A. and in Bejing China. 3# anybody that trains under me knows they can test my Ba Gua Skills, any time they feel their ready. I love a good fight.

So they know from their own experience that what I teach is practical for real fighting base on their own freedom to explore my combat methods and utilize them in a more practical form of combat for themself. In the end they become their own martial art sage.

Not a mental stave totally unaware that his mind is shackled and his capacity for thought is limited by those who control his ass".

MAOSHAN

GREAT POST!!! YOU REALLY DO YOUR RESEARCH MAN, THAT IS VERY OBVIOUS. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

WHEN I WAS AT PARKS SCHOOL TRAINING DIRECTLY WITH THE MAN, HE MADE IT VERY CLEAR THAT HIS STYLE OF BA-GUA WAS DRAGON STYLE. IS THAT A STYLE OF BA-GUA?? I HAVEN’T DONE ANY RESEARCH ON BA-GUA MYSELF. AFTER 2 DISAPPOINTING YEARS WITH HIM I LEFT AND WENT TO WING CHUN AND THEN TAUGHT IT AND CURRENTLY TRAIN HSING-I IN VA.

PEACE

blacklt65

where is a hsing i instructor in va? who are you learning it from?

is christiansburg near blacksburg?

i know a hsing i school at va tech.

maoshan-yes, chang chuan is shaolin, have you forgotten that dong hai chuan taught shaolin!!!

Ma_Xu_Zha

Who is it you know at Tech? Did you train with Park? How long? Do you still train with him?

i just asked you a question

and yu replied witha question. your questions have been answered already if you read my prior posts.

now answer my questions please.

ps- i know the moy yat ving tsun people in richmond btw

well…I’m not very impressed…

Well, if anybody is interested I finally got a hold of Glen Wright. He pretty much just blew me off.

I was very curtious and respectfull on the phone, even after calling for 3 months and leaving messages that got no response. I suppose he only picked up the phone because I sent him a letter the week before.

I explained that I have a serious interest in bagua and would be a most diligent student. I’d make the 2 hour drive every week, even adjust my work schedule to fit any way he needed it to be.
I plan on majoring in asian studies, going to China one day, blah blah blah…

His response was that maybe I should look elsewhere.

I don’t know what his deal is…maybe I said something wrong.

:frowning:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

[QUOTE]
I don’t know whether they felt they had reached the limits of where Park and his system could take them in martial arts . . . [QUOTE]

Very interesting…What do you think Blacktaoist & RazekD???

Ya, it occured to me that maybe he isn’t teaching anymore, so I asked.

He said he does teach, told me he’s got a student that comes down from Loiusville ( Kentucky I assume ).

My point is, that he could at least tell me what’s up.
That’s just common curtousy(sp?).

He may be a real nice guy, but if he won’t talk to me for more than 2 minutes, how am I gonna know?

Raiden

Keep at it, you might be closer than you think. I know at least a couple ofpeople that will play that game for a while (in fact, they say almost the exact same thing)

Of course, maybe he’s not interested. You’ll have to make the call on that one.

Ma_Xu_Zha

Are you speaking of Marcus at the MoyYat school? People who are teaching there are what’s left of the school after Anthony left for Cali. They knew only part of the system when he left. I was one of the individuals that taught there.

As far as the VT school I would imagine you mean The class at the fitness center run by Ed Hampton???

Ma_Xu_Zha / Homepage

Dude,

Do something with that backround image… Not very “EYEBALL” friendly.

Maoshan,

Thanks for sharing your research on the subject. I hope that last
couple of paragraphs were not aimed at me because I never
said that I studied with master Park nor did I claim to have an
opinion one way or the other. I just threw out the tombstone
thing because that was something that would have had to have
passed the scrutiny of bagua stylists in China (and elsewhere
perhaps) and so I thought it might take the discussion in a diff.
direction.

So I don’t know who “you guys” are and I guess I am not one
of them. I don’t need to do my research because I am not trying
to prove anything.

I’m not trying to give you $hit, I just think you jumped to
conclusions a bit…but I understand that this thread is getting
a little annoying and going nowhere fast. I say these things
to make you think because you are my martial arts
uncle/cousin thrice removed/whatever. I am old-school in some
ways of thinking so try to feel my respect for you in these words.

Peace

Maoshan: I have nothing against Park.

Noooo!!!,of couse not.

You can speculate all you want about Park’s lineage,is a free country,

In the end yours are just emotional speculations aimed low a teacher that you don’t know much about his Pa Kua system,you only saw pieces of a big puzzle.

.
How can I judge your PK if I don’t know your system?

Cut this research crap maoshan,all you know about this story and all the answers to your questions come from two people,

Dan Miller and Park Boc Nam.

Dan did the research, the interviews and the book and Park Boc Nam is the lineage holder.

You know him ,don,t you?

Believe it or Not

Either way my friend ,it suits me fine.

Kyle - Me mental slave? Not to no man!

Kyle -

Mental slavery?

Are you saying that if I were one of your loyal student you will consider me a mental slave?.

Welcome to the club Razac.

Let me set the record straight. I’m my own man. I trained under the black taoist through one of my closest friends because he was concerned about my health and safety. I’m train with the Brothers of Wudangs for a few years now and I can tell you one thing - I not a mental slave to the black taoist or any martial artist and I will never be. When I first learn from him naturally I didn’t know all the aspects of martial arts and pa kua. After some time I did my own research! I question everything and everyone until I was satisfied. Unlike most pa kua schools I was put into tournaments and sparring with other schools to learn if what he taught me was effective. I haven’t’ been disappointed yet. Any mistakes or losses that have occurred have been due to either some days of not training properly or my lack of focus. Now let me say that TBT is an open person and never stop me or any of my classmates to learn from other people. Man, I’ve been to Parks seminar, sparred with his students, performed at Tournaments, I’ve studied with various with other Pa Kua masters in NYC so that I can be OPEN to other styles of Pa Kua and Hsing-I. I’ve taken various classes at Li Tai Liang’s school, Grandmaster BP Chan (may his soul rest in the essence), Chen Xiao Ping, and various other teachers…I’ve also went to China and learned under Master Su Si Xi (which TBT has openly invited anyone AND everyone to come to the trip on this board when we went the first time - please refer to previous post. This might be before your time on this post) I’m going to China again in July with the Brothers of Wudang to learn from Master Su Si Xi. We roll as a brotherhood and we all learn together as a brotherhood…

So I’m not in your club - I do my own research, everything I learn i pay for I get nothing free from TBT. When I roll with him to other Pa Kua teachers we both pay to learn. I’m then forced to apply my knowledge…

KYLE

Dan did the research, the interviews and the book and Park Boc Nam is the lineage holder.

Lineage holder of what Ba Gua Zhang fighting System. I like to hear this one. Because so far nothing you post about Park so called lineage is conforming to fact or truth.

In the end yours are just emotional speculations aimed low a teacher that you don’t know much about his Pa Kua system,you only saw pieces of a big puzzle.

I know All I need to know about Park Ba Gua Zhang, theres no much to it , and there is a lot of "NEI KUNG"pieces to his system missing.

How can I judge your PK if I don’t know your system?

Very easy answer. “OBSERVATION”. Also I Crosshands with a few of his people. They had no Martial skill what so ever. In a real fight they would be good as dead. Also I seen the foot work drills and palm training you guys practice, that **** is incorrect. Park fundamental drills are all external.

Also Park don’t do any form of Ba Gua Zhang Static Posture training in his system or Tui Shou push hands training. I know this for a fact, because I have students that use to train in Park system at his school. And from what they told me, Most of Parks people teaching is System are not experienced Ba Gua Zhang teachers or Martial art fighters.

$hit even at my Cheng Style teacher Li Tai Liang kung fu school in Queens N.Y. there are students in his ba Gua Zhang class that left Park School, because the Ba Gua Zhang they were learning from Park was not practical. Like I said I know mad people that train in park system at some point in their life, and not many had good things to say about his system or his students teaching his method. :mad:

kyle

What’s wrong man? ****ed? To bad!

There is no speculation on this topic. I know what I know.
I don’t think any thing.

Your right Park gave Dan the info and dan wrote the book.
Names, dates, places. That is the basis for research. He put the info out there and I Checked it out. Don’t blame me for the inconsistancies in the story.
Beyond the book, I have a friend who at the time I met him, I didn’t know he was also a friend of my Sifu chen Xiao Ping For many years. his name is Kang Ge Wu The top Ba-Gua Historian in the world. He was a student of famed Sha Gao Zhen. When I was doing My research, back in 1995-96, Dan had wrote an article on Kang and his research. I in turn contacted him through a friend.
and among my questions was about park. He’s the one who used the word Hybrid in the discription of his system. and if that wasn’t enough, We now have people who have studied under parks sysytem with time spent up to two years. Oh we know what his system is.

I’m out of this, no more of this crap.
you people do what you need to do.

Maoshan