I don’t think one should judge a teacher’s skill by his students. I’ve seen good teachers, teachers who have goof fighting skill, yet their students either don’t get it, trian hard or have a desire to fight. What can obe do there? ALso, two years isn’t such a long time for your average guy off the street.
Don’t want to get involved in this discussion because I don’t know Park, jst what I’ve heard. Judging him by holding him accountable to claims is acceptable and should be done to keep checks in balance, but I don’t think its proper to judge him by what his students can or can’t do. By that token, BT, should everyone judge your skill by your students? After two years?
BT, should everyone judge your skill by your students? After two years?
Every one of my Students can fight. And it dont’ take me two years to teach them how to apply their Ba Gua Zhang. So that shows I can teach. Any one can come to any of my Ba Gua Zhang class to test or spar any of my students. I take my students with me to spar other martial art brothers from other styles that I know all the time.
So my students have real experience in how to utilize their Ba Gua skills on their own. My Ba Gua class is a open house kind of thing, anyone can come don’t any spar, And most of all my students are fighers and they like to fight, thats why they come to me in the first place.
So I don’t have that kind of problem Park have with is students, because my students are good Ba Gua fighters as many will see at maoshan Ba Gua tournament.
The bottom line is, Park Ba Gua system is not much. And I know people that have learned from him more then two years that left his ass, because his style is not a complete system. But hey, maoshan already gave good information that conform that.
Also If people want to judge my skills in Ba Gua Zhang, All that have to do is come see me, I spar,push hands or whatever the person want to do. Because I’m not just talking Bull$hit, I do this $hit for real. $hit I be at Maoshan tournament all day also, So if any one want to test my Ba Gua skills, I am all for it. It can’t get any better my friends.
Yeah i knew anthony “moy tung” dandridge. i went to moy yat school in 92-93. i met moy yat at seminars in richmond. I trained there for a year. anthony left richmond cause alot of people had legal stuff against him from what i heard.
whats wrong with my background on webpage? eyesore, not really just generic and plain.
but thanks for the plug wujidude. You are correct that many people earned their position or listing on Dong’s tomb simply by donating to the moving and restoration of it. Not saying that is true of Park. I have no info about his lineage I would call concrete. The only thing I wanted to add is, more info on Jason Tsou could be found at our web site for Chi Kung International, not my personal kabooom site.
“I don’t think one should judge a teacher’s skill by his students.”
spirit writer
If you do not judge a teacher by his students how do you? We are not suggesting that Park has no fighting skills of his own, maybe he does, maybe he doesnt. We are simply suggesting that his ability to teach it to others is lacking.
Maybe he doesn’t “teach” well. Maybe his students aren’t too bright, and don’t “learn” well. Maybe they don’t practice. Maybe they are all soft and don’t test. I don’t know, I don’t know the man. BUT, if you want to test his skills simply request to cross hands with him. It is the only way. Talking back and forth on the internet does nothing but speculate and slander. Fight the man, then you’ll know.
i just read your last post. if by “washington” you mean “seattle”… you should email me before coming here thinking there are lots of good teachers!!! the place is great…the teachers are thin…
Maybe he doesn’t “teach” well. Maybe his students aren’t too bright, and don’t “learn” well. Maybe they don’t practice. Maybe they are all soft and don’t test. I don’t know, I don’t know the man. BUT, if you want to test his skills simply request to cross hands with him. It is the only way. Talking back and forth on the internet does nothing but speculate and slander. Fight the man, then you’ll know.
I agree with you that talking back and forth does nothing but speculate and slander. But it is unrealistic to expect Park Nam to touch with anybody to prove his skills.
I only know of one. Not personaly, but by what EvoFist has told me. His master has accepted several challenges since he has been studying there. But I’m not down with the internal scene, I have to admit. Thinking of getting into it though. What I have scene I have liked. I haven’t seen anything “soft” or “hippy-ish” about it. Chinatown is just a bit out of the way for me now.
where are you going with this? park already had his days with challenges if you read his book. many of his students have competed
i have competed in china and did a pakua form and got a gold medal in shanghai.
we are in america with LAWYERS DUH!
i got into a challenge and got 6 months in the holding pen spirit writer and i am a park student, i left a god **** shoe print on the face of my victim on his dam forehead that didnt help me in court. i am a park student and f you if you think we cant fight. the aszhole was 6’5 and over 200 lb i am 5’6 and 140 so f all of yall
If you read my post, I think it would be clear that I don’t know you, don’t know Mr. Park, haven’t read his book and so on and so forth. I was sticking up for your teacher, saying there is only one way to know another’s skill.
Seems like there are still a lot of non-believers. Maybe Mr. Park should come out of retirement, or perhaps some students make some rounds at tournaments in other then form competitions. Not saying this to raise suspicion, as I said, I do not know the man at all. If he is beyond the age, then it is up to you guys, the students. Sorry to here about your run in with the law. Seems terrible to accept a challenge and then have the other press charges.
You guys, Park could care less what you guys think, or anyone else as far as that goes. Park had students competing in full contact tournaments in taiwan, hong kong and other places before most of you guys even new what Pakua was.
Many of his student have won gold, silver. and bronze medals in these tournaments and there are pictures and old new paper articals to back this up.
These tournaments were fought at a higher level than the kung fu tournaments are fought over here in the states today.
Many serious injuries and at least one death was witnessed( a palm slap to the top of the head) , there were no protective gear worn, just white gardener type gloves {no padding}.
The fighters from Inchon korea was very respected and known at these tournaments back in the seventies.
This is when Park was young and full of fire and loved to fight and train fighters. This is all documented in pictures and news papers that park has, and some have seen.