MonkeySlap Too
(Although Bt, I’ve got to admit when you say things like you ‘don’t have to be nice to people you don’t want to learn from’, and other well, rascist attitudes, do cast you in a bad light i.e. ‘I try to train the brothers first’. What if I said I only try to teach ‘white’ people first? Two wrongs do not make a right, we are all in this world together, we are all brothers. Keep in mind, I am just saying this is how you come across - I don’t know you, so I could be way wrong about it).
Monkeyslap, I train anyone that wants to learn Ba Gua Zhang, But at the time most of my students are african american, this is because where I teach Ba Gua Zhang is mostley in black neighborhoods (New York City housing) I teach Ba Gua Zhang to many individuals that live in these housing neighborhoods, where there are no white Americans.
As for teaching Ba Gua Zhang to other ethnic groups, I feel most of these ethnic groups have some one from their kind, teaching them information about the internal martial arts. I can go to any Ba Gua Zhang web site, and you find most Ba Gua sites are run by a White American and a few Chinese individuals. But from my knowledge theres no african American Ba Gua Zhang web site. The only african American Ba gua Zhang web site out is mys. So right now I feel this my job to raise the awareness of my people, and give true information about the true martial art methods of Ba Gua Zhang. And so far I’m doing a great job, I get e-mails from all over the world, even African, where I be doing a Ba gua work shop some time next year.
Monkeyslap my father always told me, in this world, you going to have people that are going to love, envy you, and hate you. thats just the way of life. But no matter what always keep your center and blackness. ( African identification) for that is who you are. and I live by my father words.
(Although Bt, I’ve got to admit when you say things like you ‘don’t have to be nice to people you don’t want to learn from’
I never make post or write a statement like that, What I said was, don’t waste your time learning from fakes, most of the teachers that is world renowned as grandmasters of Ba Gua Zhang are nonfighters, I have met many fakes , and I do mean fake Ba Gua zhang teachers in the U.S.A and even in China. You can call me a low level Black Robert W. Smith, I seek out many So Called Ba gua experts, and the only thing they could show was forms, just like it is today forms, drills and talk of lineage. But when its time to utilize Ba Gua Zhang techniques in a sparring situation many of these so called Ba gua maters can’t apply $hit from their Ba Gua method. Today Ba Gua is a sad situations, to the point where is mostly dance Ba Gua Zhang, what I call the circle walk of fun. "
So monkeyslap, you are right when you say my passion for Ba Gua leads to to be confrontational. I’m all for the real practical side of Ba Gua Zhang combat, and I take no less. If Park Have top people that can get down, well I just want to meet up with them and spar thats all. My actions have nothing to do with ego or be hostile as his people try to make it seem. Its all about skill, nothing more.