!!!
Yet another pointless thread.
!!!
Yet another pointless thread.
[QUOTE=Vajramusti;846034]Yet another pointless thread.[/QUOTE]
well you didn’t add to it…it’s a kung fu forum I’m a fan…didn’t know there was marketing campaigns going on, lol.
I have to agree with Joy . I am not sure what this thread is trying to get to. My Hop Gar knowledge comes from Ku Sifu. My first wing chun teacher shared Ku Sifus school in Atlanta in the early 80’s. There was great respect bwteen the 2 teachers and the arts although some students had other ideas. I had no problem with wc vs hg. I have had no problems with wc vs boxing and i have sparred with pro boxers during my time.
The range issue you talk about in nonsense. If you can hit or kick me you are in my range. Some perfer to stay away,actually most fighters , moving in and out of range. Wing chun just perfers to stay in range and get up your shirt once contact has been made. Many fighters are very uncomfortable with that.
You do have a point as I agree most wing chun out there is not of the highest quality. In fact it is doubtfull you have seen high hand wing chun in action. Few have. The lack of wing chun fighters at the pro level has nothing to do with wing chun as an art but is just a reflection of how wing chun has been presented through the years and the students it attracts.. I have had several students that have sparred or trained at top flight MMA schools and done just fine. They have families to support so making the sacrifice required to become a pro is not an option. Overall very few have the interest and enjoy the sacrifice it takes to train to be a pro .
Shaolinlueb by what standard do you judge a system to be complete. Wing chun is as complete as any other traditional art out there.
You know, I am not sure about this thread, I mean, how do we know for sure that Wing Chun Sucks?
or shoudl I say Sucked, since she is long dead, unless we are talking about some other woman named Wing Chun.
I mean, we can assume she sucked, she was married and one assumes she did her duty as a wife and played “swallow the snake” with her hubby, but assumption is all we have.
Now, just because sucking is more common nowadays doesn’t mean we can assume that it was matter-of-fact in the old days.
Actually I have heard stories of women that dont’ suck at all, :eek:
It saddens the heart.
[QUOTE=Vankuen;845730]You know, it’s true that there aren’t any public champions of wing chun…that’s too bad too.
[/QUOTE]
Man!
We’ve been through this before. It’s because Wing Chun is too deadly to enter competitions! :rolleyes:
[QUOTE=hunt1;846107]I have to agree with Joy . I am not sure what this thread is trying to get to. My Hop Gar knowledge comes from Ku Sifu. My first wing chun teacher shared Ku Sifus school in Atlanta in the early 80’s. There was great respect bwteen the 2 teachers and the arts although some students had other ideas. I had no problem with wc vs hg. I have had no problems with wc vs boxing and i have sparred with pro boxers during my time.
The range issue you talk about in nonsense. If you can hit or kick me you are in my range. Some perfer to stay away,actually most fighters , moving in and out of range. Wing chun just perfers to stay in range and get up your shirt once contact has been made. Many fighters are very uncomfortable with that.
You do have a point as I agree most wing chun out there is not of the highest quality. In fact it is doubtfull you have seen high hand wing chun in action. Few have. The lack of wing chun fighters at the pro level has nothing to do with wing chun as an art but is just a reflection of how wing chun has been presented through the years and the students it attracts.. I have had several students that have sparred or trained at top flight MMA schools and done just fine. They have families to support so making the sacrifice required to become a pro is not an option. Overall very few have the interest and enjoy the sacrifice it takes to train to be a pro .
Shaolinlueb by what standard do you judge a system to be complete. Wing chun is as complete as any other traditional art out there.[/QUOTE]
Wing Chun is short rang punching, it isn’t complete…the kajukenbo hop ga I do has all ranges from the beginning. Yes, wing chun is great in theory
BHUDDISM IS GREAT IN THEORY, THE REALITY IS THE WORLD IS GODLESS…WING CHUN IS A GREAT ART, THE REALITY IS THERE IS NO WING CHUN FIGHTERS.
It takes too long to get good at compared to boxing…it’s too short and small for newbies.
Lol America Is Great In Theory The Reality Is White People Still Control Everything And **** On Those Who Don’t. Lol, America Is Great In Principle, But The Reality Is La Has 500 Gang Related Murders Every Year.
[QUOTE=couch;846114]Man!
We’ve been through this before. It’s because Wing Chun is too deadly to enter competitions! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
LOL, THAT IS ACTUALLY MY POINT…CLF TECHNIIQUE BASICS ARE WICKED FOR BRAWLERS…WING CHUN BASICS ARE WICKED FOR KILLING A GUY WITH YOUR KNIFE ON A BUS…
Bruce Lee Did A Few Years Training And Changed It…some Say He Sucked…or Maybe The Basics Suck In The Street Against Bigger People…thai’s Can Fight Within Two Years Of Training…fours Years Learning Wing Chun Bruce Lee Alters His Stance…
lol, this guy gangsta…“YOU’RE NOT GOING TO ELBOW ME, WONDER WHY…LOL…elbow, elbow, elbow” who did he get his wc from?.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--3kZW8FN5U
I like how Lam’s students twitch their muscle fibers…but they lacking the dragon back…kaido’s form is very low twisting spinning hop ga…if you master it, which I haven’t yet, your muscle structure and how it fits to your joints is very animal like…very strong and natural. Wing Chun is old man gung fu…well according to legend female intelligent fighting methods wheras Hung basics is built for the village champ. Wing Chun is shaolin fighting chi kung.
I grew up on Capilano reserve, some of those kids was killers and never went to a martial art school. You can fight or you can’t…some people learn martial art and can spar, but they couldn’t fight in a dark alley when they have the flu…they are not in tune with their aggression like that, they start moving like a child.
[QUOTE=Seppukku;845686]You remind me of my three year old nephew. He can’t spell, either.
www.hookedonphonics.com[/QUOTE]
Don’t waste any vitriol on Diego.
Sure, he can’t spell or put together a coherent sentence and his ideas seem to come straight out of a comic book; but he’s enthusiastic, yah gotta give him that.
For my own part, I hate WC, but I gotta begrudgingly give them respect because occasionally they have some half-way decent fighters.
[QUOTE=Pork Chop;846204]Don’t waste any vitriol on Diego.
Sure, he can’t spell or put together a coherent sentence and his ideas seem to come straight out of a comic book; but he’s enthusiastic, yah gotta give him that.
For my own part, I hate WC, but I gotta begrudgingly give them respect because occasionally they have some half-way decent fighters.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the input porky, run along now.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=M72H7q2iabM
yeah I have no idea what I’m going on about, lol…
[QUOTE=Pork Chop;846204]Don’t waste any vitriol on Diego.
Sure, he can’t spell or put together a coherent sentence and his ideas seem to come straight out of a comic book; but he’s enthusiastic, yah gotta give him that.
For my own part, I hate WC, but I gotta begrudgingly give them respect because occasionally they have some half-way decent fighters.[/QUOTE]
look at his chi: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=--wgG_TsHIQ&feature=related
you think one day some dudes in the south just started punching from a real tight stance, lol…no, that took a thousand years of shaolin gung…the ideas of bhuddism create a mentality, many forms of gung fu are developed from this mentality.
I’m not saying anything that isn’t in the history books. What the south got from shaolin was lohan fist and 5 animal martial chi gung…around the mid 1800’s the underground heads started evolving these ideas of bhuddist, taoist, and shaman gung fu into revolutionary fighting systems. Just like in the west we learn boxing and wrestling and general street fighting tricks when we are young, they studied the shaolin. Every style is differant but it comes from the same ancestors…there is only so many people doing martial art…people talk about principles of gung fu like they were written in the bible and every one is unique…no, the joinst only move so many ways without tearing the muscle fibers, the body only transforms so much energy from ones daily nutrient intake…but some people like to think other wise and they create things like no touch kill chi kung fu and a bunch of corniness. The guy I got the form of Gung Fu from had some good ****, I know Wing Chun is dope…why do you hate it?.
[QUOTE=Vash;845703]The chick from 4:11 to 4:17 is hot.[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t going to bother watching the video until I happened upon your post.
She’s definitely got potential.
If someone naturally sucks as a fighter, no martial arts training in the world is going to save them.
[QUOTE=Drake;846237]If someone naturally sucks as a fighter, no martial arts training in the world is going to save them.[/QUOTE]
True, dat…
OTOH, I managed to teach a guy who’d been crippled at birth… but after seeing that wrestler-kid, I guess it’s not as big a deal as I thought. ![]()
Well, at least he got enough confidence to run out and get his-self hitched after proving to himself that he could defend his lady-love.
[QUOTE=diego;846208]look at his chi: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=--wgG_TsHIQ&feature=related
…
The guy I got the form of Gung Fu from had some good ****, I know Wing Chun is dope…why do you hate it?.[/QUOTE]
That’s about all I got out of that post.
Wong Shun Leung is one of those decent fighters I was talking about.
I’d give him more credit but beating up some random kung fu guys on rooftops in Hong Kong doesn’t really compare to modern fighting organizations where fighters take on all comers from all corners of the globe.
Why don’t I like Wing Chun?
First and foremost, probably the arrogance- they diss all other styles of kung fu as part of their advertising but refuse to turn that scrutiny on themselves when empirical evidence reveals some obvious shortcomings.
Second; I’ve had some bad experiences at tournaments where the judges were catering to them & making up rules on the fly (ie had to start in “bridge”, chunners got to wear fingerless gloves, chunners were allowed to grab the opponent’s glove by the cuff, only chunners allowed to punch to the face).
Third; obvious shortcomings to the style. Not a huge fan of their power generation, the way they punch, and the structure they fight from.
Lastly, I think they have the bad habit of reducing fighting into a game of skill; which is a big mistake because it doesn’t show the big picture & because it over specializes in an area that’s only a small part of a fight.
What do I like about it?
I think they’ve got some good ideas with the center line and they don’t spend (waste) a whole bunch of time sitting in static stances.
but that’s just my point of view.
I’ve met at least a couple really good chunners, but in practice they looked a whole lot more boxing and a whole lot less “slappy hands”.