Wing Chun Sucks....

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BVLs4tuayp0
siu lim tao

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1ckHE4X8yUk
chum kui

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WOEnxFyGA&feature=related
bui jee

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rDLWIddaU

wooden dummy

the forms to me look more like refined fighter chi kung than the more popular animal sets of the south which teach to move with spirit.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dATeDTE8zUc&feature=related

dragon pole

http://ca.youtube.com/user/clivepot

funny i just got the ambition to learn more about Wong and buddy in the link just put all these clips up:) cool

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dKy9ul...eature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=osfqHu_iQig

classic just dance the kung fu yall

I have a great new thread:

“Diego sucks”

Discuss.

Diego, what exactly is your experience with WC to be able to assert knowledge of how it works and how it should best be trained?

Diego

I agree with some of your points, Diego. Wing Chun was origionally made up by people who had ALREADY mastered other styles. The took the what they thought were the best principles and made up wing chun. What many wing chunners forget is that these masters already had conditioned hands for grappling, considerable fighting experience, and tempered spirits from years of training. If you just train in wing chun you might be missing out on other elements.

[QUOTE=MysteriousPower;845655]Wing Chun was origionally made up by people who had ALREADY mastered other styles.[/QUOTE]

The same could be said for any style.

Are you saying that WC’s founders left out the basics of fighting? Isn’t that a pretty big oversight?

[QUOTE=diego;845602]diego is correct:)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2FIkEjoIs&feature=related

Grandmaster Wong Shun Leung is the real deal…he got the street fighter build and good Gung Fu…now put some knives in the Wing Chun players hands…three years you’d create a killer…one year of sil lim tao sensitivity building, one year of chum kil and bil jee and dummy work…third year get him on the blades and dragon pole…let him play with these weapons from day one…the fourth year he’d be ready for the revolution.

As a fighting style vs muay thai hand to hand in a cage…i’m betting on the thai dude.

Wing Chun is a refined method of Southern Gung Fu, imo you need the full Gung of the south all the big frame methods famous in hung ga and clf…tiger, dragon leopard. you need to develop the muscles and tendons, do some lohan iron body training and then you learn the crane/snake hands of wing chun.

that’s how bhudda woulda planned it anyway, lol[/QUOTE]
funny stuff, although the clip of Ip Man was in bad taste. Everyone Sh*t stinks, no one is exempt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpceOOk2zog
:o yah I grapple and no I’m not gay.

[QUOTE=Ravenshaw;845653]Diego, what exactly is your experience with WC to be able to assert knowledge of how it works and how it should best be trained?[/QUOTE]
none:) I’ve loved researching the method since I was 17 back in 1995…I got good chi, was vegan for ten years and done a lot of Labor jobs..the last two years I’ve been strength training and getting serious with my Hop Ga.
I was lucky that the first style of Gung Fu I got into was good shiite as they say…My stepdad’s teacher Kaido knew many methods and taught two. got good chi, good foundation and with the marvels of you tube and copnversation with all the instructors on these forums I got a good eye. peace

[QUOTE=Seppukku;845633]I have a great new thread:

“Diego sucks”

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Okay, let’s stay on topic.

Diego sucks.

Do you concur?

[QUOTE=Seppukku;845682]Okay, let’s stay on topic.

Diego sucks.

Do you concur?[/QUOTE]

you so remind me of my three your old nephew…“i wanna pick the robot guy” “you gotta pass the other guys and then you get the secret guy, pick someone” " i want the robot guy":o

[QUOTE=diego;845684]you so remind me of my three your old nephew…“i wanna pick the robot guy” “you gotta pass the other guys and then you get the secret guy, pick someone” " i want the robot guy":o[/QUOTE]

You remind me of my three year old nephew. He can’t spell, either.

www.hookedonphonics.com

[QUOTE=Seppukku;845686]You remind me of my three year old nephew. He can’t spell, either.

www.hookedonphonics.com[/QUOTE]

he was born well endowed as well, lucky guy.

Yes, he does have a sizeable trust fund.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jB3sfXnZyyA[/QUOTE]

The chick from 4:11 to 4:17 is hot.

[QUOTE=Seppukku;845693]Yes, he does have a sizeable trust fund.[/QUOTE]

I imagine you care for him like you have love for me;)

[QUOTE=diego;845708]I imagine you care for him like you have love for me;)[/QUOTE]

I killed him on his eighteenth birthday. It’s not that I was trying to kill him, only to make him stronger.

Like I told the police…I didn’t even know about the trust fund.

Time will tell if you shall share his fate.

You know, it’s true that there aren’t any public champions of wing chun…that’s too bad too.

But it’s not the inherent style per-say. It’s the training methods used–which frankly suck most of the time. Additionally–any style that doesn’t understand when it’s time adapt and modernize for current conditions is going to fail. And there you have it.

Great for it’s time…not today in it’s current form.

I’ve always viewed wing chun as a specialized kungfu. It has great strengths and great weaknesses. Like all styles it will have its pro’s and con’s.

the more specialized or focused on a particular method, the greater these pro’s and con’s will be highlighted.

After spendy a little bit of time with wing chun, I was definately glad I went into the learning process with prior experience in other arts.

Having had experience already made what I learned that much more valuable, and applicable.

is wing chun a complete system? i didnt think it was.

and yip man didnt teach everything he knew, i know that. things like broadsword or double broadsword were to be rumored to have forms in WC/WT/VT.

can someone correct me if i am wrong?