Wing Chun Sucks....

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;846274]That’s about all I got out of that post.

Wong Shun Leung is one of those decent fighters I was talking about.
I’d give him more credit but beating up some random kung fu guys on rooftops in Hong Kong doesn’t really compare to modern fighting organizations where fighters take on all comers from all corners of the globe.

Why don’t I like Wing Chun?
First and foremost, probably the arrogance- they diss all other styles of kung fu as part of their advertising but refuse to turn that scrutiny on themselves when empirical evidence reveals some obvious shortcomings.

Second; I’ve had some bad experiences at tournaments where the judges were catering to them & making up rules on the fly (ie had to start in “bridge”, chunners got to wear fingerless gloves, chunners were allowed to grab the opponent’s glove by the cuff, only chunners allowed to punch to the face).

Third; obvious shortcomings to the style. Not a huge fan of their power generation, the way they punch, and the structure they fight from.

Lastly, I think they have the bad habit of reducing fighting into a game of skill; which is a big mistake because it doesn’t show the big picture & because it over specializes in an area that’s only a small part of a fight.

What do I like about it?
I think they’ve got some good ideas with the center line and they don’t spend (waste) a whole bunch of time sitting in static stances.

but that’s just my point of view.
I’ve met at least a couple really good chunners, but in practice they looked a whole lot more boxing and a whole lot less “slappy hands”.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for adding to the thread:)

[QUOTE=monji112000;845657]funny stuff, although the clip of Ip Man was in bad taste. Everyone Sh*t stinks, no one is exempt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpceOOk2zog
:o yah I grapple and no I’m not gay.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with your thinking.

[QUOTE=diego;846281]Thanks for adding to the thread:)[/QUOTE]

I will show you some wing chun…hehehe. Kidding. I use it nowadays more like Bruce Lee did in his latter years, retained what I knew worked for me and dumped the rest.

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;846274]

I think they’ve got some good ideas[/QUOTE]

This is what I was touching on in my previous post.

For me personally, Wing Chun is an art to be drawn from, aspects utilized, but not to be relied upon soley as your only set of tools.

Again, that is just me personally, and the way I view combat arts.

[QUOTE=monji112000;846288]I agree 100% with your thinking.[/QUOTE]

been in agreement:) watched the bonus features for the ufc 50 ortiz vs cote…dudes is short as hell…they look brolic up on the pay per view…I’m watching them talk and it’s like ****…I should train more, mad herbs be hugging up on each other in those venues;)

[QUOTE=diego;846309]been in agreement:) watched the bonus features for the ufc 50 ortiz vs cote…dudes is short as hell…they look brolic up on the pay per view…I’m watching them talk and it’s like ****…I should train more, mad herbs be hugging up on each other in those venues;)[/QUOTE]

I try to always agree with myself.

[QUOTE=Seppukku;845682]Okay, let’s stay on topic.

Diego sucks.

Do you concur?[/QUOTE]

with all that i am sir !

[QUOTE=golden arhat;846444]with all that i am sir ![/QUOTE]

thanks for the input.

“It’s advised that all statements be revised before posting due to possible unwanted future repercussions.”

[QUOTE=diego;846489]thanks for the input.

“It’s advised that all statements be revised before posting due to possible unwanted future repercussions.”[/QUOTE]

such as ?

lolz

[QUOTE=golden arhat;846537]such as ?

lolz[/QUOTE]

Salami slapping.
Puppy paddling.
Swan swallowing.

[QUOTE=sanjuro_ronin;846541]Salami slapping.
Puppy paddling.
Swan swallowing.[/QUOTE]

You sure that wasn’t supposed to be “Puppy Pounding”?
(you also left out “Chicken Choking”)

[QUOTE=sanjuro_ronin;846541]Salami slapping.
Puppy paddling.
Swan swallowing.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt aware thats what diego wanted to do to me

at least buy me dinner first man !

lmao

[QUOTE=diego;846166]Bruce Lee Did A Few Years Training And Changed It…some Say He Sucked…or Maybe The Basics Suck In The Street Against Bigger People…thai’s Can Fight Within Two Years Of Training…fours Years Learning Wing Chun Bruce Lee Alters His Stance…[/QUOTE]

That reminds me…

Diego sucks.

[QUOTE=diego;846159]Lol America Is Great In Theory The Reality Is White People Still Control Everything And **** On Those Who Don’t. Lol, America Is Great In Principle, But The Reality Is La Has 500 Gang Related Murders Every Year.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you live in LA. And please tell me the gangs there know how bad you suck.

[QUOTE=monji112000;846288]I agree 100% with your thinking.[/QUOTE]

If you’re thinking: “Man, Diego really sucks,” then I agree 100% with your statistics.

[QUOTE=sanjuro_ronin;846541]Salami slapping.
Puppy paddling.
Swan swallowing.[/QUOTE]

Diego sucking…etc.

[QUOTE=Drake;846237]If someone naturally sucks as a fighter, no martial arts training in the world is going to save them.[/QUOTE]

By that same logic, if Diego naturally sucks, then no amount of arguing against his suckitude is going to make him not suck. And even if he did manage to not suck, wouldn’t he just blow?

[QUOTE=diego;846158]

It takes too long to get good at compared to boxing…[/QUOTE]

How long did it take for you to suck this much? And just how long is the muchness that you suck? My guess is that it took a long, long time, and it sucks all the way down to your tippity toes.

i sure hope you got titz…my e-ballz are purple how much you be smoking my schtick YANAMEAN!:rolleyes:.

[QUOTE=diego;846969]I suck.[/QUOTE]

I know. I’ve been saying that for like years, now.