Yang Hai a fake

After seeing and talking to past students of this teacher located in Montreal(downtown), I am positove that this guy doesn’t know the complete style that he teaches.
He has a school that teaches Chen, Bagua, hsing-yi. One example is that he says that he teaches weapons, but has never taught anyone, or has anyone ever seen him do it.
He boast too much and says that he doesn’t want to teach women or blacks!:eek:

Who cares?

You are nothing!?!

comment out of context

i am nothing…Nothing is everything.
If you don’t care then don’t post.

I think its a little premature to judge a teacher by his students (maybe they are stupid and lazy) or by what he DOESN’T show.

You can come to my house and I may force you to watch hours of pbs (public television), doesn’t mean I don’t have a satelite hook up – I just may want you to leave.

There’s only one way to know. Go find out for yourself.

Don’t judge a teacher by his students. I have seen very good teachers with lousy (extremely lousy) students, because they are lazy. the teacher can’t control what they do out of the school; if they practice alone in their houses, or their discipline.

Maybe he hasn’t taught weapons, because he thinks that they haven’t reached the skill to do a good use of the forms.

But I don’t know the guy. I might be wrong

“He boast too much and says that he doesn’t want to teach women or blacks!”

  • Well lets see… This teacher has an obvious ego (according to you) and is a racist. Yet you still wish to know if you should learn off him?
    My experience has been that most racists are also raving lunatics who cant think for themselfs.
    My sifus father was killed by the Japanese in WW2, he now helps organise multicultral festivals.

Seriously that is really messed up, i would run a mile from someone with an attitude like that.

q

Racism is rooted in fear and ignorance.
If this man has no moral courage what sort
of a martial artist could he be?
Walk away.

walking away sounds like the best advice.
Being a racist like that does show weakness.
Should look for other teacher.
Anyone know of a good tai chi teacher in Montreal???

anyone in MOntreal with info on a good tai chi teacher?

I’m not in Montreal but here ya go!

Re: Yang Hai a fake

Originally posted by wuwei
He boast too much and says that he doesn’t want to teach women or blacks!:eek:

Kick him in the balls for me, will you?
Kick hard, kick with nasty boots.

Wuwei

I am in Montreal for another week and would like to know where exactly this school is. i would like to check it out and see for myself. does this school have a website???

                                       Many Respects,,The Willow Sword

FOUND IT

did a quick search and here is the site i found with pics.

http://groups.msn.com/internal/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-ca

web site

I think his site is www.wudanginternal.com
would walk away from him if i were you.
Count, thanks for the listing!!

You are welcome, and please don’t confuse Wu Tang with Wudang.:cool:

Actually after reading his FAQ, I must admit I have a good a priori on him. It’s just an a priori that stemed from a couple of words, of course, therefore it has not much value, but even though, he says very clever and humble things in it…
Some examples I quote:

“in my opinion, one hour serious training is better than 10 hours’ casual training.” (not very commercial, but rather honest)
“Qi Gong can be used as self-defense. But, that should be martial art Qi Gong. Zhineng Qi Gong is for health, not for self-defence.” (he makes things clear, not like all the people making you believe you’ll drop opponents without ever touching them)

“(on the question “Is internal better than external??”) I do not think so. Different styles have different advantages, and everything depends on individual practice.” (now that’s quite honest for a guy teaching only internal styles…many others instead lenghtily discuss on how internal arts are so superior to external ones).

“(on the question of “Can I study other styles along internal style”):I think it is possible. Because the internal style can become the complementary training to external style. And, there are some students in my school still take some other training such as Shaolin, Karate, Judo at the same time. I told them, you can take any training when you will you can make a progress”. (You can say whatever you want, but that guys at least sounds tolerant and lucid about his teaching and other’s as well).

There are many more, but I do not want to sound like I’m doing him some advertising. I never heard of that guy before. He seems to have had quality teachers though, but having prestigious teachers do not necessarily make you prestigious students (too bad for me LOL). All I want to say is that at least he gives a very good and humble image over the net, and that if these words are not his, he definitely did a fine job chosing them. I have seldom seen internal teachers say things like “internal is not necessarily better than external” or “you can get good things from other styles” when they are fakes…on the contrary, they usually try to seduce you with mystic mumbo jumbo and powers, while at the same time cussing the “unrefined external arts”.

So I definitely give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and unless some posters here go to his school and truly expose a fake, I’ll keep thinking so.

Wuwei, I don’t mean to be rude but you just come out of nowhere in here and start cussing this man as a first post. Usually it’s not a good sign. You wouldn’t be trying to stain him would you?
All you have is hearsay from former students. I have sometimes heard former students of very good teachers cuss them…but after a little analysis, it was often a question of ego, of plain lie (it’s always easier to put the blame on someone else than us), something that went wrong for personnal reasons between them, or most of the time people saying “he doesn’t possess what people say he does” or things along “he wouldn’t teach me some stuffs” (these persons, of course, never even a second wondered if maybe they were just not worthy of beeing taught these things they ardently desired)…All I can say is why don’t you go to his school and see for your self?
In the martial world, hands speak louder than words. It’s really the best way to make your own idea about him, and if he indeed is a fake, then you can just turn the page and spend your time finding a quality teacher. All the time spent doing so is never lost…

coming out of no where?

crimson pheonix, what do you mean by me coming out of nowhere?:confused: are you so knowledgable…
I have been to this school recently and saw first hand of a man who has no skill in teaching.I’m glad that i train elsewhere.
You can’t judge by the web site of what he writes.Do you believe everything on the net??

When I say “you’re coming out of nowhere”, I’m speaking forum-wise. It was your first post, and it was used to criticize.
I’m not commenting anything on your martial curriculum in real life, since I know nothing about it. Hence, you shouldn’t feel so insecure because of my words. Maybe your critic is justified, maybe not.
I give both you and this Mister Yang Hai the benefit of the doubt, since I know nothing about both of you. I just pointed out that usually people starting their “carreer” as posters here with a critics makes me doubtful…it’s just me, once bitten twice shy.
I also merely pointed out that (I state my own post) “if this Yang Hai is a fake, at least he carefully and cleverly chose his words”. I concluded by a positive a priori about him, just judging from his site. And all a priori, by definition I’d say, are not reliable.
You read way too much into my words, and hear me say things I carefully watched out not to.
I could comment on how seeing a person in one single class is a bit fast to judge whether he’s realy able to teach, but I’m afraid you’d take it as an attack or as some sign that I think I know everything. Both aren’t the case.
So I’ll finish with this: good to you that you found a good place to train, because in the end it is all that matters.

right on!
yes am happy to have found good training.

training in pakua with a great teacher.
I still think Yang is a wacko..