White Tiger kung fu!!!

This is for real? I heard this style was created in a similar period as Bak Mei.

Any info would be great, the video looks good and it looks pretty ****ed practical . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5w4eRjCr4E

Hi Infrazael… I thought you had just started Hung Kuen?

Anyways if you did, I hope you enjoy it and get what you want out of it… :slight_smile:

  • Don’t know anything about Bak Fu Pai unfortunately. As you mentionned it looks alot more like bak mei, and nothing like the more common tiger styles I’m familiar with.

Best’

mok

Do a search for Doo Wai, see what you find. He has been discussed regularly on this site.

I’m sure you have seen this…:
http://www.tigerkungfu.com/index.php

[QUOTE=Infrazael;710642]This is for real? I heard this style was created in a similar period as Bak Mei.

Any info would be great, the video looks good and it looks pretty ****ed practical . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5w4eRjCr4E[/QUOTE]

Beware of guys wearing long silky smoking jackets on the set of what looks like a 70’s porn studio.

My sifu taught me a Bok Fu kune set and it looked nothing like that. His form resembled a very bad Bok mei set and I stress realy bad:eek:

Hey, ever seen the VCD where he offers to teach the secrets of Bak Mei and make you a grandmaster in the secret art for a once only payment of $30,000 USD.

That was back when he was young, still had dark hair. Its priceless, he then goes on to demonstrate in his lounge room…

Another one of my personal favorites is where he uses his skills of chi materialisation to make smoke come from his fingertips…

Yea this guy is too much, I saw some of his clips and I got the feeling this guy was on some LSD high or something in his groovy shagadelic pad.

What suprised me was the guys heavy breath after doing the form, if he is supossed to be really good, then he shouldent feel tierd after doing one form.

What suprised me was the guys heavy breath after doing the form, if he is supossed to be really good, then he shouldent feel tierd after doing one form.

I saw a video of Doo Wai breaking a cocunut that was resting on a piece of tofu, without disturbing the tofu. No idea how he did such a thing, but THAT was impressive.

Yeah, unless you know someone who fought him when he was a young turk, there’s really no way to judge how effective his style is. I mean who even knows what province and town he grew up in? Who knows who his parents were, their names or if they were respected martial artists or not? Unless you know that kind of stuff, you’re not going to be able to go to local county registries in China and corroborate him or his style. If I remember correctly, he doesn’t use the word si gong for grandmaster, but some regional sounding word instead. Maybe that’s the key to what region he and his style are from. I dunno.

I saw a video of Doo Wai breaking a cocunut that was resting on a piece of tofu, without disturbing the tofu. No idea how he did such a thing, but THAT was impressive.

Yeah, he has some interesting magic tricks :slight_smile:

Apart from anything else… what’s with the kangaroo skins on his wall?..:confused:

I really think he put a lot of time on the footwork. Just look at it…

This guy is for real… I mean just read his web page: http://whitetigerkungfu.com/aboutbfp.htm This is family inherited gung fu were talking about here.

There is no way he could be stretching the truth. no way in hell.

This is direct lineage, make no mistake, His “skill” speaks for itself.

Time for another gung fu form!

I really think he put a lot of time on the footwork. Just look at it.

This guy is for real… I mean just read his web page: http://whitetigerkungfu.com/aboutbfp.htm This is family inherited gung fu were talking about here. Rare knowledge!

There is no way he could be stretching the truth. no way in hell.

This is direct lineage, make no mistake, His “skill” speaks for itself.

Time for another gung fu form!

[QUOTE=Fu-Pau;713103]Apart from anything else… what’s with the kangaroo skins on his wall?..:confused:[/QUOTE]
Maybe he watched too much Austin Powers.

He can move ok for a 60 plus year old i guess, have you seen him when he was younger?

Have you spoke to the man and asked him about kung fu?

[QUOTE=fiercest tiger;713120] have you seen him when he was younger?

Have you spoke to the man and asked him about kung fu?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I’m more interested in his kangaroo skins…

I gave them to him as a gift, he is a friend of mine!! :slight_smile:

Ok. But that does not explain why they are displayed so prominently in his training hall … not that he is required to ‘explain’ anything to me mind you…

A friend once gave me a “Ninja Boomerang” that he bought in Italy, as a gift… If I ever have my own school, I will still probably not display that priceless heirloom on the wall… That’s just me I guess… stickler for tradition and all that…:wink: