Movies you can't wait to see . . .

I’ll agree on that one.

I tremble at the thought of the two girls in “Ghost World.”

I’d never heard that rumor about Hewitt. Glah! That would’ve been a terrible decision. Like making a Love and Rockets movie with Gwenyth Paltrow and Winona Ryder or something.

:smiley:

all this thread needs now is beer. and it would be perfect.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
Bah…g@y hobbits prancing around, looking longingly into one another’s eyes. Don’t you guys get enough h o m o-erotic stimulation from Mel Gibson movies?

I prefer Top Gun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, I’m not a Tolkien fan. I’ve tried to read his books, but can’t finish them (its a freaking musical; they always break out into a song). I think the movies are amazing.

Virgin Suicides was a bit heavy handed, but the director is a Copola. I’ll try 'Lost in Translation." See what it’s like.

The Matrix trailer made me feel more secure about the film. I’m really looking forward to it, too.

Atleast someones backing me up on this. Thanks Judge :smiley:

Kill Bill Volume I.

I’ll see it Sunday afternoon. Anyone seen it yet? What did ya think?

I heard that Volume I has the pulp Japanese flavor to it, but Volume II is supposed to have more of a Chinese pulp bent to it. Sounds interesting.

how the hell is Bak Mei still alive in Kill Bill? He trains the Bride, but shouldn’t he be dead…by a hundred years of so. At least Gordon Lui is playing him (he’s also playing the “Black Mask” gang leader).

Originally posted by MasterKiller
how the hell is Bak Mei still alive in Kill Bill? He trains the Bride, but shouldn’t he be dead…by a hundred years of so. At least Gordon Lui is playing him (he’s also playing the “Black Mask” gang leader).

Hmm. . . The possibilities?

  1. Bak Mei has kick azz qigong allowing him to age really well;
  2. The bride has kick azz qi gong allowing her to age really well;
  3. That is not Bak Mei, but Bak Mei’s descendant; or
  4. Bak mei’s clone.

It’s Tarintino. It’s not supposed to make sense, it’s supposed to be cool. :cool:

In case you’re not up on your Shaolin lessons

Bak Mei is the traitor monk who helped the Ching government burn the Southern Temple.

He killed Gee Sim, Fong Sai Yuk, and Hung Hei Gwun (who killed some of Bak Mei’s students). Hung Man Ting, who was Hung Hei Gwun’s son, eventually killed Bak Mei using Tiger/Crane style.

Also a good rendition of some of the classic SF Books, like Day of the Triffids that STICK to the book would be like.

Have you seen Dune (the 2000 version), or Children of Dune (which is actually a cinemization of both Dune: Messiah and Children of Dune)? If not, I highly recommend them. If so, I highly recommend them.

The Bene Gesserit have killer qi. :smiley:

Re: In case you’re not up on your Shaolin lessons

Originally posted by MasterKiller
[B]Bak Mei is the traitor monk who helped the Ching government burn the Southern Temple.

He killed Gee Sim, Fong Sai Yuk, and Hung Hei Gwun (who killed some of Bak Mei’s students). Hung Man Ting, who was Hung Hei Gwun’s son, eventually killed Bak Mei using Tiger/Crane style. [/B]

I knew he was the traitor monk, but I didn’t know how he was killed. I’m thinking it’s the clone of the bride has kick azz qigong. :cool:

“how the hell is Bak Mei still alive in Kill Bill? He trains the Bride, but shouldn’t he be dead…by a hundred years of so.”

That’s easy - it’s a goofball fantasy movie. He leaps in the air and lands on the edge of a sword being thrust at him, too. You gonna subject that to historical and scientific scrutiny?

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
[B]“how the hell is Bak Mei still alive in Kill Bill? He trains the Bride, but shouldn’t he be dead…by a hundred years of so.”

That’s easy - it’s a goofball fantasy movie. He leaps in the air and lands on the edge of a sword being thrust at him, too. You gonna subject that to historical and scientific scrutiny? [/B]

Yes. That’s what we on internet forums do. Subject any thing to any standard we want whether or not its fair, realistic, or logical. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

Matrix Revolutions

Spider-Man 2

Star Wars EP3

Blade 3

Hellboy

After watching the trailer in front of Revolutions, add ‘Troy’ to the list.

ye that looked pretty good.

kill bill vol 2
star wars ep 3
troy
ROTK
spider man 2

I can certainly live without ever seeing ROTK. I sat thru The Two Towers on Saturday. Not only was it boring, but the special effects were hoaky. The Ents were absolutely ridiculous, and the blue screen effects in their scenes were horrible.

I’ll never get that 3 hours of my life back, and I certianly don’t plan on wasting anymore time with those crap movies.