It might be worth a rental…when I’m drunk.
bomb? do you mean STINK bomb? well, if so, then yes
I must have missed it, did Peter Otoole kill some blind, poor children and having to act with Pitt was his toture as retribution?
uh, last time I went to school the batttle took TEN YEARS, Achilles was killed well before the end, Helen went home with her ALIVE husband, and what happened to the rivalry of the godesses?
what happened to the rivalry of the godesses?
come on man, you know that’s not historically accurate!
if you don’t believe in godess rivalry, you haven’t been in a NYC nightclub on a Sat night…
I think that’s “crossdress” rivalry…
Tit Sa that just plain racism!!!
If Tom Cruise can pass as a Samurai, I think Russel Wong can be Achilles.
The one trick pony returns!
…and you are so intrigued by me that you just have to say something.
Originally posted by Tit Sa
[B]
…and you are so intrigued by me that you just have to say something. [/B]
I thought I told you only to reply by PM.
Left half way through it.
Thought the dialogue was pretty cheesey.
Didn’t like Pitt as Achilles, but as far as a character in that non-Illiad-based movie; he was one of the more interesting people.
Thought his fighting style was a cross between capoeira, tai chi, and ghey… but i did like his little killing blow because it was consistant with the finishing blow used when a gladiator got a thumbs-down.
Bana’s character was one of the few sympathetic ones in the movie, although I’m not sure how consistant he was with Illiad Hector, and his melodramatic speeches were often campy enough to make me giggle.
On the other hand, I really did dig the chick I was with at that one. We had to leave because she was getting an international phone call.
Oh yah, and Van Helsing was a pretty fun ride. Not the greatest movie, but a fun ride nontheless. Different date to that one. She’s nice, but not really someone I dig.
every movie is racist to you people on the board. even shaft ina frica is racist. ![]()
I thought I told you only to reply by PM.
For what? I got nothing to hide. You posted your reply, and I should hide mines? hahaha…yes my master, i shall comply.
Originally posted by Kristoffer
[B]Troy looks so ****ing bad I aint going near that ****. And who the hell said Van Hellsing was good? It was like a Disney-Hollywood-Sell-out version of a wannabe horror movie. 200 million on special effects doesn’t make a good movie.
Yea I’m racist!
[/B]
I said it was entertaining ![]()
Tit Sa You don’t get it do you…Everyone here with the racist comments is taking the pi.ss out of you being so insecure about your own ethnic identity.
Seriously mate lighten up, I could not give a toss if Jet li or whoever played achilles. Its only scared people who get all wound up about things like that.
![]()
I enjoyed it..
Realised how long it’s been since i read the Iliad…
I thought there were some great performances dished out…
O’tool, Cox, Banna, Bean where surperb.
Missed the lack of Gods & Goddesses but that would have made it a very different movie…
Still, the ODDESSY as a sequel would be wonderful in CGI tribute to Ray Harryhousen!! ![]()
I agree that shortening the seige into a month long affair sort of weakened it.
Then there was Achilles’s “cousin” Patroclus… nice avoidance.. but hey it’s not historcally sound as it is… ![]()
[SIZE=4]KEEP THE FLAME WARS OUT OF THIS FORUM.[/SIZE]
WHO DID THE FIGHT SCENE? WHAT STYLE?
I saw kung fu.
It was Racist Pitt doing the 4 Racist Corner Sword Style…It was straight racist.
Originally posted by joedoe
[B]
I said it was entertaining
[/B]
well alrite ![]()
Oh and I might have to change my mind about Troy. One of my friends saw it and said he liked it. This guy has almost the same taste in movies like me so I might see it anyway. Guess you shouldn’t judge the book by the cover huh..
Guess you shouldn’t judge the book by the cover huh..
or a trojan by the size of their . . . skirt…:eek:
I saw it, here’s what I thought :
Acting - ok, not the best but tolerable - not like Von Helsing anyway
Action - pretty good - The fight between Hector and Achilles was pretty freakin cool. It actually got me thinking about the fighting styles back then. I’d always sort of assumed that back in the day they just sort of hacked at each other but as I watched Pitt and Banna fighting with replica weapons from those times (roughly) I thought to myself that maybe the guys back then put more work into learning how to use their weapons then I’m giving them credit for.
Deatils - some of the detail work was actually pretty good. Moslty bronze and not steel used, that was nice to see. A lot of spear and shield work, very cool. Overall while probably not the most accurate I thought they did a fair job of atleast portraying the details, all the little things.
All in all I enjoyed the movie. The acting could have been better but like I said, it wasn’t horrible.
- No mention was made of Achilles’ heel. So at the end of the movie, people who don’t know the story will be like wtf?
I think they were trying to give it a more realistic feel. Other then the omens mentioned by one of the kings councilors and maybe one or two more people, there was no magic or fantasy, like there was in the Iliad. Arrows and swords didn’t bounce of achilles, he was just a really good fighter, and in the end he was caught in a compromising position and caught a badly aimed arrow ( I can’t imagine Paris meant to hit him the heel).
Re: I enjoyed it..
Originally posted by Design Sifu
O’tool, Cox, Banna, Bean where surperb.
Bean was fabulous. I feel bad now for writting him off as a generic bad guy in spy movies.
Pitt couldn’t deliver his lines, but has soulful looks down pat.