I was attending a smoking cessation clinic recently and they said it’s a good idea to reward yourself and set goals why not treat yourself after a week and so on?
regards well done and good luck
Peter
Booty: also called wu-chen. ![]()
PQS
Did your classes work? Are you not smoking? We need these testimonials around here to inspire others to quit! You can do it.
What up Wu Chen or Bu Chen?
Don’t Bu me..![]()
Wu would mean a negation, as far as i know, so Wu-chen would be a negation of me, = chen of no-chen;)
Ni shi bu Chen.
you are not chen!
I’m negating myself from the POV of Taoism/buddhism..;)..![]()
I really should’nt bother myself.
Just joking buddy
How about this your Tai Chen (grand chen).![]()
So now I’m great? I’m flattered..:o;)
btw, before we skip the OT, then I’ll post this, as I know of you sangha-stuff.(should I say that here..?)
it might be of interest for you.
see u around.
Thanks for the link! The support group for quitting smoking idea doesn’t seem to be working yet. When someone wants it, This thread will be here!![]()
Just keep it On-topic. (sorry if I made it off-..:(;))
Bodhitree
I had my last ciggarette on May 18th, the doctor prescribed zyban which I’m still taking one a day, the group was good we swapped phone numbers and were able to ring up in times of stress.
The support group lasted for six weeks then we were left on our own we are planning to meet up soon to see haw everyone got on.
Out of 10 people starting, by the end of 6 weeks 6 were still not smoking
Regards
Peter
PQS
congratulations, I have a friend Zyban worked for, I personally don’t want to take anything that changes brain chemistry. Hey you can use this as your support group, tell your friends
Chen
You can go off topic as much as you want Buddy;) ![]()
whew, I feel relieved..![]()
as long as I don’t offend the poor people who’re trying to quit the f@gs, it should be fine.![]()
No offence taken, you know once you start f@gs its hard to quit cause you love f@gs so much. 6th day w/out cigarette!![]()
"personally don’t want to take anything that changes brain chemistry. "
Whay.Then you better stop smoking soon or you´ll be in for a (possible) life-long ride in neural terms.
Former
Whay.Then you better stop smoking soon or you´ll be in for a (possible) life-long ride neural terms
I know smoking is not good for the nervous system, but antidepressents change brain chemistry, and I dont think it changes for the better.
Its 7 days, hoorah!!!
“I know smoking is not good for the nervous system, but antidepressents change brain chemistry, and I dont think it changes for the better.
Its 7 days, hoorah!!!”
I´m not sure what you mean.
Sure antidepressants will alter you…who talked about antidepressants? Better or not,that can hardly be said,for their favour I could say that in some cases they have actually managed to stimulate growth of the matter (brain)
The whole smoking thing is about neurochemistry,and should there be permanent,physical changes,they would far outweigh those…ugh…psychiatric drugs you mentioned,I´d think.I´m willing to bet that smoking of yours has altered the neurochemical concentrationS of yours.Talking about such,never forget about memory problems,cognitive decline and greatly increased stroke risk.
Gongratulations,now keep it up.
The whole smoking thing is about neurochemistry,and should there be permanent,physical changes,they would far outweigh those…ugh…psychiatric drugs you mentioned,I´d think.I´m willing to bet that smoking of yours has altered the neurochemical concentrationS of yours.Talking about such,never forget about memory problems,cognitive decline and greatly increased stroke risk.
Former
I agree. Just the fact that the brain has some of its oxygen supply cut off is bad. I still wouldn’t use something like welbutrin, Zyban, and some of the other Antidepressents that they use for smoking, But thats just me.
reasons not to smoke again.
Your life becomes 7 minutes longer each time you resist the urge to smoke again.
Your lover will kiss you more often.
No more burn holes in your clothes.
You’ll have more money.
Your chest won ’t hurt.
You won’t wake up and cough up a bunch of mung.
Your clothes won’t stink.
Neither will your car.
Fewer headaches.
Less general fatigue.
You won’t have to listen to people complaining about your smoking.
You’re far (up to 50%) less likely to get heart disease or lung cancer.
People will stop bumming smokes off you.
You won’t really care if you lose another lighter.
Your fingers will return to thier natural color.
So will your teeth.
You will no longer be negatively affecting the health of your children & loved ones.
Your sense of smell and taste will get much better.
You could make a few bucks selling your ashtrays at a yard sale.
Your breath won’t offend your dog.
Your skin will look and feel better.
You won’t get as many wrinkles.
You’ll get colds/flu less often.
If you do get sick, you’ll get better faster.
Your training stamina will increase dramatically.
congratulations!
![]()
Ming Yue
Thanks, and all of it is the truth.
I’m gonna print that list up. My personal top reason for quitting is training! Did you ever smoke? Just curious.