||Thread Tools||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
Autumn 2000 Wing Chun Seminar Featuring Sifu Duncan Leung
Dear Kung Fu Practicioner,
I'm pleased to announce an Autumn 2000 Wing Chun seminar featuring Sifu Duncan Leung.
http://www.egroups.com/group/wingchunkungfuschool for more information.
Sifu Lee Che Kong,
Wing Chun School NYC
Autumn 2000 Wing Chun Seminar Featuring Sifu Duncan Leung
Date: [b]November 11th & 12th 2000[B] from 11am to 5 pm
Location: Flushing, New York. Details to follow.
Phone: 917-554-7778 - Peter Koo
Phone: 718-544-9065 - Message
ADMISSION: $200 for both days, $175 early registration
GROUP RATES and other discounts available - Please contact Mr. Peter Koo
Payment Methods: Cash, Money Order or Credit Card.
*If the registration does not meet a minimum requirement, the seminar is subject to cancellation and all registrants will receive a 100% refund.
Sifu Lee Che Kong (Allan Lee) and the Wing Chun Kung Fu School of New York, a branch of the Yip Man Wing Chun Martial Arts Association, has the distinct honor of hosting Sifu Duncan Leung in the first of a seriesof seminars to promote the art of Wing Chun Kung Fu.
Sifu Lee extends an invitation to the Wing Chun and Martial Arts community to join in this rare occasion where Sifu Leung, a private disciple of the late Grandmaster Yip Man, will share his training and personal knowledge as taught to him by the Grandmaster. Sifu Leung will set the stage for future explorations in Wing Chun Kung Fu by first introducing its fundamental concepts, principles, and training methods.
· Basic Premise of studying Wing Chun. This will be your introduction to the most fundamental problems that are to be solved by practicing Wing Chun Kung Fu. A good understanding of this premise sets the stage for the development of a practical combat system.
· Centerline Theory. Sifu Leung will demonstrate the practical application of this concept to attack, defend against and setting up your adversary.
· First Form (Sil Nim Tau). Sifu Leung will explain the importance of this form, as well as the practical reasons why the hand movements must be done the way he explains it.
· Chi Sau. You will learn why these sensitivity drills are an important complimentary training method to sharpen your coverage and fighting skills.
· Horse Stance, Shifting and Footwork. You will learn the importance of the horse stance. You will understand how to train your horse to gain power and mobility. You will gain insight into the many purposes of shifting and see the various types of footwork available in the Wing Chun method.
· Wing Chun Punching Power - You will learn the many facets of a Wing Chun punch including the theory and mechanics behind this method of punching. This will include the concept of coverage and training methods.
· Basic Drills and Sparring Techniques. These drills tie all that has been taught together. Sifu Leung will show you methods of training to enable you to quickly gain the skill, confidence and feeling necessary to handle yourself in combat.
Come and experience the Real Wing Chun Kung Fu of the late Grandmaster Yip Man's private disciple. This hands-on, intensive 2-day session is not to be missed! I am positive Sifu Leung will address all your Wing Chun questions.
Sifu Lee Che Kong
The New York Wing Chun Kung Fu School
The Wing Chun Kung Fu School is a branch of the Yip Man Wing Chun Martial Arts Association. The school is temporarily located in the facilities of the OZ gym in Ozone Park Queens. Sifu Lee Che Kong, the chief instructor, is looking forward to moving his Wing Chun Kung Fu School to the heart of the multi-cultural community of Flushing, Queens.
For information about the school, please contact Mr. Peter Koo 917-554-7778.
Sifu Duncan Leung
Sifu Duncan Leung is a disciple of the Wing Chun Grandmaster Yip Man, and a former classmate of Bruce Lee. He has been teaching Wing Chun in the United States for more than twenty years. This included teaching the United States FBI, the Navy Seals, and various Police Institutions. Sifu Leung currently teaches at his school in Virginia Beach, VA. His unique training methods provide the students with a proper understanding and instruction in the art of Wing Chun Kung Fu. His training methods also allow his students to gain better fighting skills through the use of Wing Chun in real fighting situations.
For information about the Wing Chun Kung Fu school in
Virginia Beach, call 757-486-8999.
Sifu Allan Lee
In 1967, Sifu Lee began learning Wing Chun from Sifu Lok Yiu, the second disciple of the late Grandmaster Yip Man. In time Sifu Lee became an assistant instructor for Sifu Lok Yiu's schools. As a result of his good character, talent and dedication to the Wing Chun style, Grandmaster Yip Man chose Sifu Lee as a private student. This great honor allowed Sifu Lee to train intensively and complete the Wing Chun curriculum under the expert tutelage of Grandmaster Yip Man.
After leaving Hong Kong and arriving in New York City in 1974, Sifu Lee had the great fortune and honor of meeting Sifu Duncan Leung, another private disciple of the late Grandmaster Yip Man. Sifu Leung furthered Sifu Lee's knowledge of the art and together they ran a Wing Chun Kung Fu school in New York City. Sifu Lee has always maintained the utmost respect for, and an open approach to other martial arts and artists.
In 1978 Sifu Lee was appointed Chairman and Director of the Yip Man Wing Chun Martial Arts Association, United States Chapter by Sifu Yip Chun, the elder son of Grandmaster Yip Man. In addition to his passion for Wing Chun and martial arts, Sifu Lee is a highly skilled practitioner of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine specializing in physical injury (Dit-Da).
Sifu Lee would like to express his deepest appreciation to the late Grandmaster Yip Man, Sifu Lok Yiu and Sifu Duncan Leung.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|